Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Today I am linking up with Tami for "Weekend Rewind"


Little Moments Like This


I hope to keep up with recapping the weekends because it's a treat to have Mr. B home with us all day and night. We mix up our schedule a little bit and make some special memories that I don't want to forget. 
Even if it's just hanging around the house or playing outside- it's always nice to be together as a family!


Friday
I am so not a morning person and Adalyn is slowly starting to become one, therefore I am very slowly starting to become one.
For once I was wide awake at 6 ready for her to wake for her bottle and go figure she slept in until 7:30. 
That's just the way it works, huh?
The good thing was she was well rested and happy as can be.


We got dressed into real clothes for the first time in 3 days!
It was still a rainy day, but we had some visiting to do.
We met Mimi & Auntie Ali at Great Grammie & Grampa's house for lunch.
They have been on a 5 week road trip and just returned on Thursday, so there was lots of catching up to do.
And Adalyn has changed so much since the last time they saw her!


We stayed there for a few hours, Auntie Ali came with us and we went to Target to pick up some formula and snacks then we had a little visit at the farm and played with Auntie Julia and Uncle CJ.


Came home had some frozen pizza for dinner and called it a night!


Saturday
The rain had finally stopped, but it was still overcast. 
We woke up, had some breakfast- Adalyn had some toast like Mommy and Daddy, minus the jelly
And by had, I mean attempted to put pieces in her mouth and dropped them along the side of her.


We looked out the window and saw some new neighbors!
{I'm such a nerd because there use to always be two geese walking along the grass, but then for a while there was only one and I felt really bad for it and wondered where the other one went. Seriously. It was a legit concern. So I was so excited when we woke up and saw that the other goose must've been laying on the nest this whole time and they weren't alone after all. Happy day.}


For some reason she didn't end up taking a long morning nap so we hung out in the living room for a while.
Our Saturday Scene.
Mr. B studied for finals, Roxie wished she belonged to a more energetic family, I blogged and Adalyn played.


Adalyn seems to be so hungry lately, 6 month growth spurt I think, so I decided to give her a little bit oatmeal and bananas for lunch before her afternoon nap.
She was a fan.


Thankfully, she took a long afternoon nap! When she woke the weather had warmed up and the sun was shining, we did a quick wardrobe change and we were on our way to the farm to visit other great grandparents that just returned from 3 months in Florida.
Adalyn has changed a lot since the last time they saw her!
We had a nice little visit and pulled out one of her Christmas presents from Mimi and Papa G.
She loved it.
{I know the middle picture is blurry, but use your imagination and pretend it's not and then it's super cute!}
She loved just hanging out and going for a ride and touching everything along the way.
We will definitely be getting something like this for our house, too!


We got back home a little before dinner time and it was so nice out we finally got to go on a family walk! 


Then we had a little impromptu photo shoot.
I have been dying to get some outdoor shots of her since she is sitting up now, but it's been so rainy we haven't been able to.
Plus it's always nice to have an extra hand to help.
So when we walked by the perfect spot-I had to take a few!
 


Sunday
We went to church {worshipped and napped in the mother's room}
Went out for lunch with the fam.


Took a few more picture outside.
Probably our new favorite thing to do!
She loves the grass and being outside and I love taking picture of her. 
I am still in awe that she is ours!


After her afternoon nap, she went grocery shopping with me while Daddy studied a little more.
She sat in the front of the cart for the first time.
She enjoyed looking at everything, but I couldn't get a smile out of her- too distracted!
She did great, but I'm not sure she is quite ready for it because she kept leaning to the side.
I had to hold her hands every once in a while while pushing to keep her straight.


After that, Mr. B grilled some yummy burgers.
Adalyn had a little appetizer of broccoli, kale and cheese puffs and sweet potatoes and turkey {normally I make her food, but decided this dinner would be a tasty treat}


She had tubby time and went right to sleep.
There's not much sweeter than a sleeping baby.


Mr. B and I called it a day and watched a little Friday Night Lights before bed!


I loved our weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun weekend! I laughed when I read "dressed in real clothes..." You take so many photos that I wondered if you got her dressed in real clothes every day! Either way you are such a good, energetic mama and do a great job recording every moment!!

Joeylee said...

sounds like you had a great weekend. Adalyn is adorable and you take such good pictures!

Tami said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! Adalyn is just beautiful and I love all of the outdoor pictures. The trees make such a beautiful backdrop. Thanks so much for linking up!