Friday, May 4, 2012

SUYL: Making New Friends

Today I decided to join in on Kelly's SUYL.
It's unfortunate that I have such great "blog friends" and we all live so far away. 
I feel like no one in this neck of the woods blogs!
Where are all the young mommies in NH?!?!
I figure this is worth a shot, although so far, out of Kelly's long list of link ups, I only see 2 from NH!
I'm Jordan and this is my daughter Adalyn.
I am 24 years old, she's 5 months and we live in Southern NH.
{Born and raised and now raising}

This is Mr. B.
He is 23 and works in Boston as a Financial Analyst.
We've been married for almost 3 years- together for 6 years, high school sweethearts and each others first bf/gf!

Getting married fairly young put us in a weird season of life.
A happy season for sure, but a different season.
I was someone that always had friends and loved having friends and girl time.
Mr. B isn't Mr. Social and it slowly become just him and I.
When we lived in Florida we had a few close married friends we connected with from his college, but when we moved back to NH we were back to pretty much just our family as friends.
Which is wonderful and I am so thankful for. 
Family lasts forever. 
Friends come and go.
Period. 
But friends are important to have too.
So while I sometimes struggled with my lack of friends while being married I would always say
 " I can't wait until I have mommy friends.."
"Well once I have mommy friends..."
"Everything will be better when I have mommy friends..."

And now the time has come.
To make in real life mommy friends.
I love my blog mom friends, I so so wish they lived closer.
But they don't.
I joined a little playgroup thing on Facebook for moms in the area.
We joined a new church with younger families.
We will probably start going to some story times at the library.
It's time to put on my big girl panties {which I actually still wear from time time, they were for after giving birth and are quite comfy}, step out of my comfort zone and make some friends!

All that to say: Hi, I'm Jordan from NH. 

4 comments:

BabiesandBargains said...

Jordan you have a cute little family! I too am from S NH :) I fought the same battles you have as I have my first when I was 20! I will be 28 when this baby is born and its hard being just mommy sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say that I was your age but I'm 35 and not a mom but I'm in NH! It's nice to "meet" you!

I agree, where are the NH bloggers?!

Holly said...

I wish we lived closer to each other because I would SO be your Mommy friend in real life! :)

You are super sweet and Adalyn is a doll!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan!

I was born and raised in NH too! However, we just moved to FL in November; but we have ton of friends with little ones still in NH. Where in Southern NH-we lived closer to Haverhill,MA.