Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life- How We Met

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Girl is 16 and works as a cashier at a grocery store.

Boy is 15 and works as a bagger at that grocery store.

Girl goes to small private Christian school with Boy's mom and sister.

Boy goes to public school.

Girl thinks Boy is a cute little boy.

Boy thinks Girl is a smokin' hott chick.

Boy never bags for Girl because he is too young to work past 6 PM.

And also because Girl was always the cashier for the express lane which she hated because she had no bagger, no one to talk to, dealt with the smokers and the million varieties of cigarettes and people who had way more than 10 items.

Boy asks mom and dad to transfer to the Christian school.

Boy claims it was for Girl.

This is neither confirmed nor denied by Mama K or Smelly Sr.

Girl still doesn't believe Boy, but it makes the story better.

Boy transfers to Christian school August 2004, his Sophomore year.

Girl is a Junior.

Boy and Girl don't become friends until April 2005 on a school missions trip to Romania.

The Christian school took missions trips during winter and spring vacations.

Girl was supposed to go to the Ukraine with her friends, but was moved to the trip to Romania.

The team was divided into pairs and lived in various houses with members of the Romanian church.

Boy lived with the teacher.

Girl lived with her mom.

Everyone else was paired with friends.

Girl and Boy began friendship due to this common bond of getting the short stick to live with chaperones.
Yes, Boy actually thought Girl was smokin'.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Girl and Boy returned from trip and become inseparable.

The prom was a few weeks after the return.

They went with a group, but partially as couple.

Yup, makes no sense.

Boy and Girl took the most awkward prom picture.
Boy and Girl became best friends.

Boy never had a girlfriend before.

Girl never had a boyfriend before.

For a short time 8 months, they were a little scared, took it slow and remained in denial that they were, in fact, dating and boyfriend and girlfriend.

Boy made it official with Girl in December of 2005 when he casually said, "So will you be my girlfriend?" while they were shopping at Target.

Girl said "yes".

Boy and Girl went on a missions trip April 2006 to the Ukraine.

Boy and Girl went to the prom with a group, but as a known couple in May 2006 .

They took a much less awkward picture.



After dating for 4 years,
transferring together to two colleges,
and a semester of a long distance relationship
in July 2009 Boy and Girl tied the knot.
Their wedding song was "Then" by Brad Paisley.

"And now you're my whole life, now your my whole world.
I just can't believe the way I feel about you,
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day,
and I thought I loved you then."



The Girl Creative

33 comments:

Blogs said...

Congratulations your both too cute:) Love is awesome!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

OMG I just got chills reading this, you two are so sweet and I LOVE your love story! What a blessing that you found each other at such a young age. Cheers to happily ever after!! XOXOX

JaggedLittleJenn said...

you are so freakin cute! I love your story.. and I totally copied your format.. and didn't even realize it until later. Sorry about that!

Maegan said...

so cute! i love seeing all the pics of ya'll growing upi together!

Brittany said...

What a great story :-) I love it! You two are lucky to have found each other so soon. The pics of you two are just adorable, especially the ones from the beginning.

emily said...

Such a great story and a great one to tell your children!

Happy Weekend!
emily

Erin said...

You guys are so dang cute! Congratulations:)

Natalie said...

how fun that you got to know each other during the awkward stages of life--and still fell in love : )

Unknown said...

me too Trish! that was such a cute story. I love that you had pics to go along.. so sweet!! I'm over from New friend friday and am your newest follower!

Unknown said...

What a sweet story and great way to tell it! Congrats to both of you. Nice blog. Found you through New Friend Friday so... nice to meet you freind. Will be following and hope you will follow too.
-Lilli
http://www.mytottravels.blogspot.com

Em said...

Hey there ~ I'm visiting from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative ~ I'm following your blog now ~ have a great weekend! Em.

Oh, and I love the name of your blog!

Kate said...

What an adorable story!! You guys look like babies in those first pictures!

Sonja said...

This is my favorite story! Y'all are too sweet and look perfect for each other! :)

Mama Bear said...

sweet!!!!

LWLH said...

That is the cutest story!! :)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok that just made me cry!
thanks so much for sharing! love that song!
what a perfect couple y'all weren't meant to be!!!

extreme personal measures said...

Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Jessica said...

I really love the cuteness of your courtship ;)

Jamie said...

Awww y'all are too cute! I love your story :)

Rachel and John said...

That's so cute!! And you were beautiful even with braces!

Anonymous said...

Too wonderful J!

And Mr. B never did say that is why he wanted to transfer... just for the record! =)

Love you-

Mama K

Anonymous said...

That is THE sweetest love story. My husband and I met young, too, in high school and went to the same church. We dated off and on for 4 years before marriage. We have now been married almost 30 years and parents to two and are grandparents to two. It is wonderful. He has always been my best friend. Congratulations on a very sweet life ahead of you!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

What a delightful story! wishing you both a very Happy Life Together! I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday. I would be honored if you choose to do the same!

Jessica Hilton said...

I loved your story! You guys make a really cute couple!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sweet story! I love the song that you used at your wedding. It fits perfectly for you story. :) And I love the awkward prom picture. :)

Tara G. said...

Love it! (we're currently living in Ukraine)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Such a cute story! Congrats on getting married!

I love to hear of other people who got married young...my husband and I started dating when I was 16! = )

Lindsey said...

this is so cute! love your story... and LOVE the song Then by bp:)

Jami Balmet said...

Aaaw that is sooo cute!!! My hubby and I also met eachother while working at a grocery store! He was a checker and I was a bagger!! Your story is soo cute :D

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from New Friend Fri. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. We also are having a mother’s day giveaway til Wed. hope you can join in. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

Mama B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama B said...

Awww, such an adorable story!! You guys are too cute. :) Oh, and I have to say, you looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day! LOVE your dress, and hair...and flowers. ;)

Twee Poppets said...

Stopping by a bit late from New Friend Friday. I'm following you now! Hope you can stop by and follow me, too. :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/tweepoppets

By the way, I'm starting a NEW BLOG HOP!!! It's called Tuesday Tag-Along, and it premieres tomorrow (actually, the linky opens in less than half an hour)! I hope you'll be there to join in the fun!