Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby Sister to Best Friend

This little girl was the answer to my prayers.
After years of praying and begging my parents to have another baby,
we were blessed with my wonderful little sister.
A gorgeous baby,
{we already covered the 1 tooth wonder in this post and this post,
but feel free to continue with the pity}
with beautiful brown eyes,

with an adorable smile and a cute little dimple,
who could never truly comprehend how thankful and how much her big sister loved her,
a caring heart,
an animal lover,
who preferred stuffed animals over dolls which was total opposite of her sister,
overly sensitive,

people pleaser,

love language is touch,
a people person,

loves to laugh,

complete opposite body than her sister...and everyone else in the family,

blessed with height and skinny genes,

she's fair skinned and dark haired,
a servant heart,
{that I may or may not have used to my advantage numerous times
- it came in handy when I was feeling lazy}

a wonderful roommate,

gives great back massages,
grew up way too fast,

was a beautiful Junior Maid of Honor,
advanced into the teenage "attitude" a bit prematurely,

horrible at making decisions {just like her sister},

became more than just a little sister, she became a true friend,
receiver of hand-me downs and a willing lender of new clothes,
{although we have completely different bodies we are the same size in clothes. score.}

loves to talk,

is sarcastic,

and funny,

a loyal friend,

an awesome daughter,

a wonderful big sister,

a perfect little sister,
and still could never truly comprehend how thankful and how much her big sister loves her.
I can't believe how fast the time has gone from when I was ecstatic to be holding that sweet little babe of a sister in my arms to 13 years later having this sweet big babe of a sister who takes over my whole body because she is taller than me. We are 10 and a half years apart and are becoming closer friends as year goes by. Love, love, love being a big sister.

Happy Birthday, Al!
I can't believe you are now a teenager!
I love you so much and I can't wait to be home and have our girl days again.
I am so proud to be your big sister. You're an amazing girl.


**Sorry for the picture overload, she is was just too cute and beautiful to narrow it down anymore**

10 comments:

Jordan said...

Aww, so cute! Happy Birthday to your little sis! :-)

carissa said...

happy birthday to your sweet sis. this post is such a beautiful tribute to her! she's lucky to have a big sis like you.

Brittany said...

What a sweet post :-) I hope you let her see it! Happy birthday to your sister!!

Liz said...

I remember the first time I held Ali when she was a baby, boy does time fly! She has grown up to be a beautiful young lady both inside and out!

Kristin said...

You do such great tribute posts! I don't know if I told you or not, but there's 8 years between me and my next sis, and 10 years between me and my baby sis. You're right, it's so neat when they grow up and your relationship starts to take on a new dimension... Hope you had a great day!

Natalie said...

You look exactly the same when you were little as you do now (except that now you have all your teeth, of course!) Being a big sister is so much fun! Your sister is lucky to have you : )

Jamie said...

Such sweet pictures! Happy birthday to your sister :)

LWLH said...

Happy Birthday to your little sis! :)

Julianne Hendrickson said...

i love your blog---especially your "about me" part...so fun. i am quite the coupon-clipper myself, it is addicting!!

Blogs said...

This is soooo beautiful! I love my sis loads too! Gorgeous! Happy B-day!