Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekend in Naples

Almost 3 weekends {yup, I'm way behind} we spent the weekend in Naples to get spoiled by visit my grandparents.


We stayed with them in this beautiful place.

We had dinner at a restaurant on the beach.
I had a delicious filet mignon and Mr. B got the blackened grouper.
{This is the same restaurant where Mr. B proposed.}

We hitched a ride on the little tram thing that brings
us from our place to the restaurant/beach.
This is vacation after all, we shouldn't be expected to walk anywhere.

I had a horrible night of sleep that had to do with this:
I'll save that story for another day.

We woke up to this million dollar view {literally}.

I relaxed in the sun and learned how to be the best puppy momma in the world.

While they played tennis.
{Grandpa said it was his life dream to be in a blog post.
I am so honored to have made that dream come true for him.}
I also learned that Mr. B is all talk when he comes home from tennis class telling me how great he is. I was also enlightened as I watched Mr. B's amazing tennis skills.

We took our picture with this really old beautiful tree.
And later read the sign stating not to sit, stand or lean on it because it is so old.
Oops.

We got our picture taken with Jesus.

We went out for another delicious dinner.
Two years ago we took this same picture as a happily engaged couple.
Today we took it as happily married couple.
Time flies.

The weather and sunset were perfect.

Until Sunday.
But that's ok because it was perfect to curl up with a book.
Say our goodbyes.
And meet up for lupper with Ben's awesome aunt on our way home.
Love mini-vacas.
Especially when they're free.
We were spoiled.
We are blessed.
We had a great weekend.

** SINGLE DIGITS until Mr. B graduates!!**

16 comments:

B said...

Aww that sounds like such a relaxing weekend :) And I about died (I know I say that alot, but it's funny) when I read the tennis part because I totally tried to convince my husband I was good when I took it in college (I was horrible) and he believed me. HA!

B F said...

Gorgeous pictures lady!! Sounds like you had fun and got to relax... I'm so jealous!!

Lori said...

Mini Vacay's are the best!! You looked so relaxed!! And you're such a doll!!

JennyLee said...

Love all the pics. It looks like you all had a fantastic time!

Jamie said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I love mini vacays :)

Jessica Hilton said...

The pictures are great! Looks like it was a great mini-vacay!

Natalie said...

that woman cannot seriously be your grandmother! She looks so young! Crazy : )

Jessica said...

sounds like a great time! enjoy this nice weather in your last couple of weeks of Florida living!

LWLH said...

Awwww look it, you and Jesus are holding hands! : )

Anonymous said...

J-

Love the pictures so much!!! Thanks you for sharing. =)

Mama K!

PS See you in one week.

Meant to be a mom said...

What a fun time. I'm glad you guys enjoyed your trip.

Kristin said...

What a GREAT weekend! I love spending time w/ the grandparents. Whenever we do, DH and I agree that we want to retire at 35. They just have TOO much fun :-)!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was one amazing vaca! you two are adorable together and you lady are gorgeous!

thanks for entering and tweeting about my giveaway. lots of hugs!

Jillian said...

So jealous, sounds like fun:)

California Wife said...

Responding to your comment over at CAwife...
Awe, can't wait to see pics of your little boxer in a few weeks. We have 2, Reilly who is 4 and Piper is almost 5 months. Boy, did we forget how much work a puppy was, but it is great! Boxer pups are literally FULL of energy though, so stock up on toys and get ready to hide anything of yours that could be confused as a toy. Can't wait to hear about your new pup soon!

Blogs said...

You could have stopped by you know! Are you still here:)