Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Summer Favs

It's Tuesday already! We move in 6 days. Eeeek! Today's topic over at the undomestic momma is top two favorite things about summer. Well this is just impossible to pick two things because nothing's sweeter than summertiiiiiiime {American Honey by Lady Antebellum- if you haven't heard it or love it. find it. listen to it. love it}

I love so much about summer. I can already taste it with the weather already pushing the 90s and the sun setting around 8:30 here in Florida. This summer will be different than our other summers though because Mr. B will have a real job and we have a million bills to be paid and things to get done, but all the more motivation to make the most of our weekends.

1. Ogunquit Beach, Maine
Our favorite beach. It is gorgeous, is perfect when it's low tide, has the perfect path to walk along the coast, good restaurants and lots of little shops.

{We had our engagement pictures taken there too}

2. Camping with the family.
We have a family campground- love those summer nights with s'mores, the fire, games and talking.

[Yes, I am wearing a hat that says "Bride", I got it for $1 at Target. I am that cool}

3. Mr. B's parents' lakehouse in Laconia.
They have a beautiful place on Lake Winnipesaukee.
Love the boat rides and especially the tanning bed on the boat.
Sometimes enjoy jet skiing with Mr. B, but not when he goes crazy. I get really scared will we will tip, the jet ski will fall on top of us and drown us {have you noticed yet that I'm a hard core optimist?}

This isn't their boat, but it looks similar to this one and that's not us on the boat, but I am pretty confident we look just as cool.

4. Sundresses
So much better than the ever so classy picking the shorts out of the inner thigh every time you take a step routine.
Love love love wearing sundresses sporting a nice tan and very little makeup-- summer perfection.


5. Country music
I listen to country music year round, but I associate it more with summer.
Love me some Rascal Flats Summer Nights, Kenny's No Shoes, No Shirt, No problem, Zach Brown Band Toes and of course Lady A's new one I mentioned and we will throw in Blake Shelton's Hillbilly Bone because it's just plain fun.


If only it was officially summer now.

What are YOUR favorite things about summer??



17 comments:

Jessica said...

I love camping and we're planning a trip to go soon! I agree with all your faves though!

Chelsea said...

I love all your choices... esp. camping and country music!

Just Brandi said...

cute picks! and pics.
haha.

you are too adorable!
(in a totally non-lesbian way)

krystal said...

You know, I've *never* been camping! It's definitely on my to do list!

Jamie said...

Love Lady A's new song!

Sundresses are a must for my summer too :)

Natalie said...

yep i'm obsessed with summer dresses and skirts : )
Summertime is so much more lame when you're grown up...we're going to have the same situation all summer, too--husband at work all day and me at home! Too bad we don't live closer ; )

Kristin said...

I really enjoy camping too! I think my family is planning at least one big trip this year. It will be the first we try to take our pooch on - that ought to be fun (maybe)... Can't wait to get into my summer dresses too.- Except for the never ending dilemma of finding a good strapless bra to go w/ your strapless and spag. strap dresses. Any suggestions?

Rachel and John said...

Sounds like you have great summers! I also love camping and wearing summer dresses. But I don't usually camp while wearing summer dresses.

Beth McC. said...

Love all your summer picks! I love me some country music, good thing I live in Nashville!! YOur blog is too cute, love it!

The Undomestic Mom said...

how fun! love your choices!

Lindsey said...

Your blog is so cute!
Great picks for your summer lovin :)

http://mcaulayfamily.blogspot.com

Jordan Elizabeth said...

I cant wait to take Ryder to the Lake and Camping...those are def. things i miss about Oregon (where I'm from), way too hot to go camping in Houston during the summer time!

Meant to be a mom said...

Love your list. The yellow sundress is so cute, The boat!!! Ahh makes me jealous and the beach and the camping sound like so much fun :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love sundresses too!! And camping...nothing like camping during the summer! :D

Heather said...

I love that yellow dress!! So cute! I have always wanted to visit Maine, it looks beautiful!! I also want to go camping soon, trying to work up the nerve with a two year old!! :)

Erin W said...

I love everything you listed! Such great taste! :)

Valerie said...

You two are adorable!! I love all your summer picks. Summer is my favorite season and I can't wait for the weather around here (Los Angeles) to warm up. I also love sundresses and the beach during the summer. My other favorites are bike rides with my husband, eating dinner on outdoor patios, and surfing.

xo
Valerie