Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Beauty Secrets



Is it already Tuesday?! Time is flying!
Today's Top 2 at the undomestic momma is Beauty Secrets.

This is a tough one for me, I really don't have any.
I don't wear much make-up and the make-up I do wear is cheap faux bare minerals {love the real stuff, but it doesn't fit in my budget right now}.
I don't wash my face so I don't have any special face wash or secret for that.
I have a cheap straightener so there is no one asking about my hair secrets. I love when I am visiting my family and can use my mom's Chi- that is by far the most amazing straightener.

My favorite look is in the summer time when no make-up is needed but chapstick. Freedom.
I could probably have that look now if I didn't waste my day away blogging and watching TV. I am determined to lay out today though.

Which brings me to my number 1 beauty "secret":

Baby Oil/Body Oil/Gel
I usually just have the generic cheap baby oil, but we had company one weekend and they had this cocoa butter Vaseline one and couldn't take it back on the plain so they left it for me. Love this stuff.

I use it right after the shower {on days that I shave my legs- no need to admit how often (or not so often) that is, use your imagination} to moisturize my legs, arms and everything in between. It works wonders and also adds the perfect shine.
This is also ideal if you are looking to fry in the sun. Literally.

2. I have pretty sensitive skin so I am a big fan of baby products. Baby lotion is my best friend, if I don't use the oil I will use this. I use it on my face everyday. Apparently it has caught on because now Johnson and Johnson has a body care line and it gets the job done just the same.

Does anybody have tips on making make-up last all day?? I feel like my make-up disappears just a few hours later. So annoying. Yes, I mentioned I use the cheap make-up so it is very likely this has something to do with it.

Please tell me your beauty secrets!

PS. I knew Adam Sandler grew up in NH close to where I lived, but this morning on Regis and Kelly I just found out Seth Meyers is from Bedford, NH. That is the town right next to my hometown. Umm cool.

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love baby oil / baby products! I've got sensitive skin too!

I haven't tried the cocoa butter one though, LOVE the smell of cocoa butter so I am adding this to my shopping list!

Blogs said...

I love Johnsons and Johnsons- smellls soooo goood!

Do you have any bed head make-up?? I use the tigi bed head eye liners and the colors last alllll day! Good products-check em out!

Jessica said...

the best way to keep your makeup on all day is to fork over a little extra money and use a foundation primer. It really helps to keep your foundation in place :)

Alissa said...

What great tips, I love the smell of baby products. I'm going to have to try them too!

Beth McC. said...

I use both of these and LOVE THEM!! I also love that you can get coupons for these all the time!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Smashbox Photo Finish is the best thing ever of all time. Seriously! My makeup would last 48 hours with this stuff on if I wasn't obsessive about washing my face every morning & every night. It's pricey, but it lasts forever!

Sarah Ann said...

I'm totally going to try that baby oil stuff... except not to fry :)

Lindsey said...

i am super sensitive to scents... but i love cocoa butter lotion - i'm going to have to try the oil! thanks for the recommendation

JaggedLittleJenn said...

I have super sensitive skin that breaks out all the time. Which makes make up even MORE necessary. But lately I haven't had much issues because I haven't been drinking soda and I am washing religiously.

I use drugstore make up.. and I have found that if you moisturize before you put make up on (i.e. lotion under foundation etc.) than it lasts longer and looks better. I also use cream concealer under eyeshadow, which makes it last all day. Chapstick.. I pretty much apply 3-4 times an hour haha.

Natalie said...

Are you one of those girls who never washes her face but always has perfect skin? I had a few friends like that in high school and it drove me nuts. So jealous. I wash mine twice a day and I still break out. Gross.
I love Eucerin lotion--it's awesome for sensitive skin but kinda pricey!
To make eyeshadow stay you should put on eyeshadow primer (mine is by smashbox but again $$$) and put it on under eyeshadow and it will stay ALL day. My eyeshadow used to come off after literally 30 minutes and I tried everything and nothing else worked!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I never use baby oil because it's sooo greasy! How do you deal with it not getting on everything??

Annie said...

i used to use baby oil to shave and for tanning oil!
i like baby products as well ;)

The Undomestic Mom said...

Im going to get that coco butter vaseline!!!! yay thanks!

Mrs. D said...

I think I'm going to trade in my lotions for a week and try baby oil! To make my makeup stay, I just use drugstore brand translucent powder before and after applying my makeup. To make eyeshadow stay, rub a tiny dab of foundation on your eyelid before applying. I guarantee it'll help! :)

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you found my blog so that I could find your super cute blog!

I use J&J body wash and love it!

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Neosporin. I still break out like a teenager and between cycles I put a thin layer on. My scarring has gone WAY down.

LOVE johnsons and johnsons pink bottle Body Care 24 Hour Body Lotion. It smells SO dellicate.