Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Reception..EVER


Reception.
Highlight of the night.
I LOVE to dance.
Priority #1 for wedding: GOOD DJ!!
Success.




Cupcake Tower (Mr. B's favorite and he didn't get one...he will never let that go)

Candy Buffet for favors












My little Martha Stewart side made an appearance w/ the card box



Took a few dance lessons, first dance to
"I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley



Tables had to sing a song with "Love" in it to make us kiss.
Less annoying than glass tapping & lots of fun!





Absolutely no idea what we were doing,
but let's pose and pretend we do



All my singles ladies and their priceless faces.
Girls, you do know that just because you catch it
doesn't actually mean you're next, right?



Party Time!!

Reminder of why my dress was so tight.



You know it's a good Conga Line when the waiters are joining in!



If only they could see that these girls are not in fact enjoying the booty action they are so kindly flaunting their way, but rather a look of disgust and panic.


Girls & Dancing.
Guys may never understand.



Wondering what the dance floor has brought out in their sister.
In my defense, the dance floor is proven to have powers that make you feel as though it's just you and the music, regardless of how ridiculous you make look--all moves are justified.






Yes, I look like I am really feeling the lyrics to this song. Which may be the case if the lyrics went something like "I am so mad at you. Why can't we stay 30 minutes longer. Everyone else still gets to dance. I hardly ever get the chance to dance. You know I love dancing. This is once in a lifetime. I could punch you right now." (Yes, I say that a lot occasionally when in anger. More like a threat than an action...although it usually doesn't get me very far. Note to guys: this isn't the best way to start off a romantic evening.)
Mr. B's song may be going something like " We You have already danced for 2 hours. The hotel is 45 minutes away. Let's not waste any more time. We need to go NOW." Add a couple Oooo, Ahhh, a harmony and guitar solo and that was the song to the end of our reception.


Here I am, on the verge of tears (pretty much the theme for the day), but this time out of excitement, anger and sadness. Yup, all at once. I am that talented. I was in disbelief that:
1. The night was over...but it didn't have to be I still had a paid 45 min with the DJ
2. This was good-bye to everyone that came from far away
3. I didn't get to hug anyone or say bye to my family who I wouldn't see for a whole week (ended up being less than a week-- Honeymoon Pt 2 coming soon!)
4. I had to leave early... Did I mentioned I am a grudge holder and may still be dealing with this traumatic event??







1 comment:

Abby said...

You're right, guys will NEVER understand our need to break it down - I danced faaaaar more at our reception (and still do when I get the chance!).

Also, B will never let me forget that he didn't dance with his mom at our wedding. I'll never live it down!