Monday, March 29, 2010

A Good Deal Is A Good Deal.

Mr. B and I finally had a productive weekend, the weather was perfect, we actually got dressed and went out, we got a lot done and we enjoyed every minute of it. As soon as I am finished with one of my projects I will post about our weekend and show you what I made- hopefully tonight! Since I haven't blogged all weekend, I don't want to disappoint and leave any one hanging one more day so I'll leave you with some busy work read {which I always hated in school btw}.

I forgot to mention this story last weekend...

While Mr. B was taking his test and Mama K, Smelly Sr. and I went to a few shops, Smelly Sr. went into a golf/sporting store to look for a hat. He came out wearing this hat...

(onlygolfapparel.com)

Except it was burgundy, not black, but that really doesn't matter, I would just hate for you to get the wrong visual description for this story. Just taking care of my followers nothing new...

So he came out with this great-Nike-perfect-fit-to-his-head hat. He's all excited about how wonderful the fit was and how nice of a hat it was for only $15. It was on clearance. Perfect. Mission accomplished.

He asked Mama K and I if we knew what the "TW" stood for and we had no idea (shocking I know). Wilson Tennis, with the letters in the wrong order?? That's the best I could think of, but decided it was best to keep it to myself considering the fact it was primarily a golf store and it wouldn't exactly make sense to put the letters in reverse order. Over the years I have learned to keep certain comments like this in my head. Where they belong. Instead of making a fool of myself. Anyways, we shrugged it off, agreed on the good deal and continued our way back to the apartment.

When Mr. B, a big sports guru- knows everything about everything, arrived home the conversation went something like this:

Mr. B {sarcastically}: Nice hat, Dad.

Smelly Sr {in all seriousness}: Yeah! You like it? On sale- only $15 across the street. I don't know what all this means though. What does the "TW" stand for?

Mr. B: Tiger Woods.

Everyone mumbles:
Duh, that makes sense.

Well that explains why it's on clearance.

Real nice.

Way to represent.

Smelly Sr: Oh...well it's still a nice hat and was only $15.



Because sometimes a good deal is a good deal and that's all that matters.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahaha! I wouldn't have had any clue either, but I bet that's why it was on clearance ;)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

LOL...that is too funny! ;-) Can't wait to see what project you are going to share!

Amber said...

Hahaha! That does explain why it's on clearance. He's right though - a nice hat is a nice hat!

Anonymous said...

Good explanation J! I will make sure he reads the blog tonight! =)

Kristin said...

Got a good chuckle out of this one :-) Hope your day is going well! Can't wait to hear about what your weekend project was! Your new follower, ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

Natalie said...

Wow, that is HILARIOUS!
I love when you say you try to keep comments like those in your head--totally do the same thing!

Craig Smelser said...

Actually the story misses a key fact that I chose not to share...

Turns out the guy selling me this said, "what do you think about the comeback?" Of course since I was wearing my Bills shirt and crocs, and like Smelly Jr - I think all things revolve around the Bills, I assumed he meant them - to which I replied with what turned out be a profound response now that I know what he really meant, "the typical hype that will be eclipsed by the reality of performance."

Smelly, Sr

Meant to be a mom said...

I never would have realized either. How funny. I agree though, still a good deal.

Brittany said...

Haha, that's too funny! A good deal though is a deal! :-)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

LOL -- "What's TW!!!" Well .... maybe that hat will be big again once he starts playing in the Master's again!

tmelle said...

At least Smelly Sr. is practical and unswayed by political correctness.

Oooops, I forgot about the shrine...