Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Alright By Me

I love having family in town for many reasons, but one reason in particular is because it gives me something to blog about. It relieves some of the stress that goes into this whole blog, yes, this fun little hobby can be a little stressful when it comes to the minor details such as writing a post. When family is visiting I don't have to pull a post out of my butt decide on which one of the every day exciting (the sunset, grocery shopping, overeating...) adventures to post about. Such a sense of freedom. This particular event I'm posting about took place last weekend (another added bonus of family visiting- it may create enough material for more than one post, in my case 3 post!). I would hate to bore you make you jealous with Mr. B and I's Saturday extravaganza that consisted of sitting around all day. a-l-l. d-a-y. Not to brag but, minus moving two feet to move our butt to the breakfast bar for lunch and an occasional bathroom trip, we sat on the couch from approximately 10:30 AM to 12:00AM (pre-time change). An exciting Saturday at it's finest. Are you understanding the dilemma in trying to choose which adventure I would like to expound upon in my next post??

Clearly, that's about as much as I can post about our Saturday so I will take you back to last weekend.

We spent the beautiful sunny day by the pool. The weather has been perfect, it's warm with a slight breeze and no humidity so it's never too hot.
This can create some mental/skin confusion due to the fact that the sun is still hot, and can in fact burn your skin regardless of the cool breeze and your lack of sweat. Mama Grace and Auntie Liz had to learn this the hard way therefore Mama Grace spent the next day fully covered with her back to the sun. She is a little camera shy so you will not be given the privilege to see just how burnt she was, but to give you an idea she was this red. Lesson learned: Even when it's not hot out...wear sunblock. Obviously had she been wearing our 4spf oil it would never have been this bad.
I learned my own lesson: Take sun glasses off right away. Apparently that first hour of sun was really strong, enough so to give me raccoon eyes. Awesome. It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but trust me, it was very apparent. Lesson number two: When tanning keep head up at all times in order to allow the sun to reach your neck.
We had enough sun lessons for the weekend and we made our way over to the 75th Annual Strawberry Festival.

What? Something wrong with the exposure?
Mr. B said it was fine even without a flash? What??

The highlight:

De.lish.

Darius Rucker.
"It's alright by me" are lyrics to one of the four songs that we knew of his, hence the title of this post. I couldn't think of anything creative and it's alright by me, I hope it's alright by you too. He put on a good show, we were a little concerned that we only knew a few of his songs, turns out he only has a few songs and likes to sing other people's songs, "songs I wish I wrote" as he put it. I wonder how it made him feel when everyone sang those songs louder than his own....Oh well, it was a good idea and a lot of fun.


Next weekend Mr. B's parents are visiting so this week so I hope you won't be too disappointed to find out there will only be 5 days of posting misc. happenings of my new housewife life. Or maybe that is a relief. It might be an understatement to say my days are not the most exciting, so consider this a warning--there may be posts about Regis and Kelly, Melissa Rycroft, Ellen America's Next Top Model, my new healthy lifestyle and my dry heels that are driving me nuts. Anything is possible.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I always get racoon eyes! sometimes really bad. Looks like you made alot of great memories!

Ashley said...

Your new design is A-DORABLE! =)
Y'all are just the cutest couple of the century - ha! I love it!
We have a Watermelon Festival here and when I was pregnant I was in heaven! =)

*I read how Mr B was your first "everything"..isn't that WONDERFUL? Me & my husband Josh have that same bond and it's amazing. {we had phone call "boyfriends"...but, we were 12}

Margaret said...

Love the new blog!

The Strawberry festival sounds so fun! Especially eating the strawberry shortcakes... Mmm! Now I'm craving one. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourself!

I also enjoy your misc. blog posts! Keep them coming:)

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Cute new blog template :) Love the pics!

Natalie said...

Yay, you got a signature! I was going to leave a comment with "instructions" on how I did mine after you commented on it, but I didn't want it to be forever long! Your new design is so cute! did you do it or pay someone to? Adorable, girl : )

B said...

Your blog looks adorable! now, you are really going to have to give me tips. I am SUPER jealous of your weekend (getting sun, being lazy, etc.) But looked like you had tons of fun! email me if it's too much to write in a comment (brookerharvill@gmail.com) Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm