Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So long Lil' Hustler

Mr. B has a t-shirt. Actually, he has many t-shirts, but there is one shirt in particular that you will not find me wearing when I am too bloated to wear my own shirts. In fact, you won't find him wearing it any more either...Operation Get-rid-of-nasty-old-yellow-pit-shirt= Success.

I am pretty disappointed in how these pictures came out, they were with my phone and the lighting was bad. They totally don't do the justice in proving the complete nastiness of this shirt. You may have to use your imagination a bit. If I knew how to be creative and put writing and arrows to draw your attention to his additional detailing to the shirt, I totally would. I don't know how. Just pretend.

The innocent, but completely disgusting shirt.
Pretend there are arrows pointing to the stained armpits and
the black permanently stained dirt marks on the front.

After many unsuccessful attempts of begging Mr. B to throw the shirt out, I finally had to take matters into my own hands. One day I was home alone and doing a load of laundry. As I threw some clothes in the washer, I came across this oh so lovely shirt. There we were, in the little laundry room, alone. Just me and the shirt. I am almost positive I heard it screaming to be thrown out, so of course I had no other option but to do so. I proudly took the shirt and put it in the trash. Not gonna lie, I felt pretty proud and accomplished with this defeat.

No arrows needed here.

Fast forward a couple weeks. This weekend as I was doing the laundry. I noticed a wrinkly, white, yellow pit stained shirt crumpled in a ball sitting on top of the dryer, underneath the pile of towels. Oh no he di-n't!! Oh yes he did. Okay then, is this how it's gonna be??

GAME ON.

G-R-O-S-S.
Little did I know, when Mr. B brought the trash out that day, he must've noticed this prized possession (note: he never paid for this shirt, his friend got it for free and gave it to him) sitting in the trash. Let me remind you, this shirt basically forced me to put it in there. I had no choice but to do so. Although Mr. B is the most wonderful husband, at times he can be a bit stubborn (unlike me of course!). If he really thought out this situation he would've washed the shirt himself and put it in the closet, but he didn't. Clearly a sign that this shirt is not supposed to reside in our apartment.
As we were cleaning the apartment for my mom's arrival and I found the wretched shirt, I ever so slyly placed it outside in the trash. I am a competitive person and I was determined to win. This shirt was going to be gone. forever.

I quickly went outside and took these pictures. I would've feel terrible if I didn't capture our last day with this shirt. Maybe even felt the need to remember the day victory was mine.

The trash man came last night. And as far I can tell, I have won. I will gladly say...
So long Lil' Hustler.
Thanks for being so good to my husband, but it time he has moved on.

7 comments:

B said...

My husband has some of these too. They are ripped and stained and bleached, but they are his favorite. I guess it is a packaged deal, those men and their nasty shirts. We love them nonetheless. Ha!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

This TOTALLY makes me think of my hub... haha :) Love it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I am following you now too... sorry to make it an ODD # though. Oops! I will tell my blog friends to come over & even it out.

You are so sweet & your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS. Nice to "meet" you! Have an awesome afternoon!

Jessica said...

Ha ha! Good for you! I just recently made my husband go through all his shirts. The t-shirt drawer was overflowing and I was sick of cramming more into it so it was either he go through them or me :)

I've been blog stalking you for about a month now - but first comment!

check me out at:
www.domesticated-bliss.blogspot.com

Molly said...

I need to do this with some of my husbands shirts that he won't give up, YUCK!

Super cute blog :)

Meant to be a mom said...

UGH, my husband has shirts like that. I think its hilarious that he went out and got it after you through it out. So funny.

Good job finally getting rid of it though!

Anonymous said...

So funny! And is that really the only shirt you found like that? You so know he will be missing it... that shirt has been around a LONG time!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I think EVERY woman has a husband that has a nasty shirt like this. Gross. Q sometimes throws a dirty nasty shirt like that and tell me to take a "courtesy sniff." Um, sick.