Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Very Smelly Weekend

This weekend was filled with extra smelliness because Smelly Senior and Mama K- the original Smellys- were visiting. This was their first time seeing our place and in 5 weeks they will be helping us pack it up, but at least they got to see it once while it was all pretty and put together.

They arrived Friday night and we went to The Mongolian Grill.
A restaurant where you make your own stir-fry. It's fun and tasty, you put all your ingredients in a bowl and then you take it to these guys and they cook it up for you. This may be the one time, I thought it was nice to only be allowed to eat gluten free food- Mama K didn't have to wait in the long line and got a personal cook.

Saturday was a b-e-a-u-tiful day, 80s and sunny. The perfect way to kick off the spring season. I hope it lasts! Mr. B had to take a test in the morning, so Smelly Sr., Mama K and I went out for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Then we walked through the shops and Mama K surprised me and let me pick out a shirt, she brought me to Loft- a store that for some reason had never been into and now I am in love with. Mr. B returned and he and Smelly Sr. went to a few stores while Mama K and I talked and soaked up some rays.
Mr. B had to go to a tennis match- a requirement for his Tennis Class, yes, that really is a class he is taking...and paying for, since the weather was so gorgeous we all went and watched. After that we had a late lunch at Sonny's BBQ before we headed to see the Jeremy Camp concert. I forgot to take pictures at the restaurants we went to, but you'll have to trust that we went, we looked good and it was delicious.


Ready for the concert with my totally-adorable-perfect-size-matches-with-everything-faux-Prada purse they bought me while vacationing in the Bahamas. (Awesome pick, Mama K!)

Waiting for the concert to start.

Jeremy Camp's wife, Adie, opened up for him. She has an amazing voice and she is from South Africa and has an accent that makes you jealous.

There he is- Jeremy Camp, woot woot. He is so talented and sounds exactly like he does on his CDs. His life is living proof of God's faithfulness, he has such an amazing testimony.

He brought his adorable little girls on stage to dance to one of his songs. It was so precious.

I have seen Jeremy in concert a few times before, but never with his wife. They are the Christian version of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (I've been to their concert too), you feel like you could watch them sing together all night. Although Tim and Faith's concert are completely opposite of this one, it was such a blessing to see the two of them worshiping Jesus together. Talk about a testimony these two share- wow! This is clip of their version of Jesus Loves Me, so fun!



After the concert, we had a late dinner at 10:30- way past all of our bedtimes which may explain why the pigment in my eyes are no longer there. Of course we ate at no other place, but the one and only GrillSmith and ordered the best filet ever.



Today we went to a church in Tampa that Mr. B and his family used to go to many years ago. This church is HUGE.
This is the foyer that was pretty much like the entrance to a really nice resort.

They even have a special room where you line up and..you won't even believe this...YOU get to meet, if you're lucky maybe even get to talk, with the Pastor!! How thoughtful is that?! We found it quite comical, I felt like you might even be able to get your picture taken, sit on his lap and tell him your prayer request.

They also had a fountain in there, Mr. B was embarrassed to be taking a picture in front of it, but hey it's there, it's pretty and might as well be used for something, right?

This is the sanctuary. Our home church is the size of the left side with the blue seats for the choir. Not kidding. (Shout out to BCC peeps- we miss you!) Notice the additional advertising for the opportunity to actually meet the pastor.
This did seem like a great church though.... just a few thousand too many people for my liking.


Today's weather is not nearly as nice as yesterdays.
We took our flip flops off and ran to the car, Mr. B was going to drive around and pick us up...along with the other thousand serving, Christian, wonderful husbands, so we ran and met him halfway instead.

Take 1. Wet hair stuck across face

Take 2. Wet hair stuck in mouth
Take 3. Mama K and I (sporting the new Loft shirt btw) wet with our barefeet. A picture that was totally worth 3 shots for the sole purpose of being on this blog. Mission complete. I am feeling pretty confident you are appreciative of us for capturing this moment so you could find as much excitement in this adventure as we did.
The weekend went by so fast. so. so. fast. It was certainly a quick trip, but it was a pleasure. Mr. B and I are so blessed to have such awesome parents and we love having them visit.

Thanks Smelly Sr. and Mama K for a great weekend!! We miss you and love you!

I think it's pretty obvious, a 35 day Shred is what I will be needing in order to work off all of the tasty food I consumed this weekend. Awesome.

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your so cute! love the new bag!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you have awesome in-laws! And I didn't know Jeremy's wife sang with him-that's awesome : )

carissa said...

your weekend sounds amazing!!! great pictures... you are super cute. it must have been a rockin' concert! my hub and i have a similar story to jeremy camp's testimony. btw, you must have the coolest mom-in-law in the whole entire world. hope your week is as great as your weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm like 30 minutes outside of Tampa right now. Send me a msg on my blog if you wanna meet up. I will be here until friday

Sarah Ann said...

:) Sounds so fun!! It's so great that you are close with your in-laws!

B said...

Mrs. J your pics from this weekend are wonderful :) Reminds me of myself and the M.I.L. So much fun!

Just Brandi said...

great pics! looks like you had a great weekend!

Meant to be a mom said...

What a great weekend. I'm glad to hear you had so much fun. And just wanted to say that your absolutely adorable. =)

Mama B said...

Ooooh, that bag is adorable!! And, that restaurant you guys ate at look soooo good! I love all the pictures, too....too cute. And, I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog. :)

Lyss :) said...

Hey :) YESS i know where Geneva is :) Actually one of my best friends from high school goes to Geneva for Special Education! Im looking forward to getting to know you :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I went to Jeremy Camp a couple months ago and was in heaven -- Is he not beyond amazing!

Margaret said...

I'm jealous you saw Jeremy Camp! He's coming to this church near us and I really want to go!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend:)

Brittany said...

You are adorable! I love your faux Prada bag :-) I surely would use it! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! And lucky you for having 80 degree weather ;-)