Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Things I can't live without



It's Top 2 Tuesday over at the undomestic momma! Today's topic is two things you can't live without, this excludes the obvious things like Jesus, Mr. B, family, friends and TV.

So here we go, my top two things:
1. iPhone. I can't even imagine having a normal phone any more. Honestly I am not even sure how I could live. Ok, that might be a bit of a stretch. But really...it would be so weird to not be able to go on facebook, twitter, blogs, check my emails, google anything, follow the map when I'm lost, listen to music, watch movies, take pictures, record videos- everything. The real question is- what can't I do with this phone?? A sad, slightly embarrassing fact about me: when I wake up in the middle of the night to check the time I always go on and check fb and twitter too. It's a habit.
Cute little Roxie ( I hope we get new pics soon!!) as my wallpaper, I am aware that the time is an ugly, odd number and yes it is bothering me, I debated whether or not to take another picture, and I am also in love with my phone cover.

2. Fan. It's an inherited trait in the Grace family. I can not sleep without a fan. I can if I absolutely have to, but it takes me for.ever. It normally takes me a long time anyways because my mind never turns off {isn't that so frustrating?? Why is it necessary to replay the entire day and think about the next 50 days?} I hate sleeping in silence. Who am I kidding...there is no silence with Mr. B's snoring, scratching, talking and various mouth noises he does in his sleep, but I can't sleep with that either. I love white noise and the hum of the fan is the perfect sound to drift me off into dreamland.

One day Mama Grace told Papa G to pick up a big fan for the living room because it was a really hot summer day. Well he took her very literal and he came home with this beast. A huge industrial fan that sounded like a plane taking off --wasn't exactly what she had planned for the living room. It was impossible to watch TV and have the fan on at the same time which is clearly a BIG problem. Although this fan was not the right fit for the living room, it is so amazing to sleep with. I think about it all the time, specifically when our current fan fails at completely blocking out the love of my life while he sleeps, therefore results in waking me up. Not a fan. No pun intended. Yeah right... totally intended that pun. Pretty clever if I do say so myself.


What are 2 things you can't live with out??

PS. Just finished Day 6 Level 2!

20 comments:

Kimberly said...

I would say: 1. my dog and my computer!!

Chelsea said...

Cute cover! Where'd you get it?

Lindsay Thomas said...

Oh wow. I've met my twin. I would say the exact same two things. First off, iphone. HELLO?! Who has one that wouldn't put this in their top 2?? I don't have facebook or twitter, but I do have Words with Friends. It's an obsession...I mean fun thing to do.
And a fan. Holy cow. I can't sleep without one either. I remember, whenever I would stay at my grandparents house, the only time I even tried to fall asleep was when their loud air conditioner turned on. Music to my ears.
When I was little, my mom would blow dry my hair when I went to bed and I'm convinced that's why I now need a fan.

Beth McC. said...

Great Picks! I couldnt live without my iPhone, I would be so lost(HA)! Your blog is precious!! Thanks for sharing, Happy Tuesday!!

Jessica said...

My 2 things (other than the obvious) are: my computer and my phone. Ok I'm not in the cool iPhone club YET but I do love me some blackberry :)

Mama B said...

I love your picks this week! I'm totally the same about the fan, too! I HAVE to sleep with one every night (love the noise), and if I don't, I just sit there listening to the silence and it takes me forever to actually fall asleep. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this! I'll have to let my husband know, b/c he thinks I'm crazy. ;)

B said...

Love the picks. Except I finally got out of sleeping with a fan and NOW I can't sleep WITH one. Haha. Hubby is the exact opposite, but I've tried. I can't stand the noise anymore. Has to be completely silent!

Lindsey said...

your blog is adorable!!! T2T is making me want an iPhone!!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Love your picks!!! Im obsessed with having fans going too!

Wiz said...

I need an iphone! Love the fan idea. Great picks :)

joyfullgrace said...

Yes- I agree the iphone and fan are must haves but I would also add tivo/dvr!! I think I could come up with an easy top 10!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to have a fan too!! Mark's snoring is horrendous!!!!!

joyfullgrace said...

OH YA ~ Congrats on Day 6 Level 2!!

carissa said...

my hubs and i cannot sleep without a fan either!!! i so know exactly what you mean!!! i don't have an iphone, but i couldn't live without the hubs' iphone. they rock. your case is superb.

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours - I'm your newest follower?

OMG - you're getting a boxer puppy? I'm dying for a puppy in my house! Oh so badly. I love pic of her. They are seriously the cutest pups. I posted tons of pictures of Dixie on my blog on her birthday March 10th. They can be SUPER energectic, but they are so loving and great with children. Can't wait to see pics of the little girl.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Great picks!
I can't live without my kids!

Brittany said...

Hey! I just noticed you were a new follower of mine! :-) Very cute blog! I absolutely cannot sleep without a fan either. I need some type of noise or I'll never fall asleep.

I became a follower :-)

emilybuckingham said...

I love your picks, probably both pretty high up on my list as well! My iphone is never far away from me! Cute cover! :)

JaggedLittleJenn said...

I love your blog! I look forward to reading your hilarious ramblings every day. I swear your thoughts are so in sync with mine sometimes... you just express it so much better than I do on the screen!

Hilary said...

I can't believe your phone lets your battery get that low! Mine shuts off every 5 minutes when it gets down to 20% power. It's obnoxious! Maybe it's because mine is the 1st generation?